Monday, May 24, 2010

Work in Progress for Clay Studio Show opening June 4th!


process images from some vases that are almost done! I haven't painted in the color yet, but these have multiple colors of slip inlaid--red and black!

They are in a pair, which I am really excited to see with floral arrangements in them. I am still deciding if I should arrange in them for the opening...


























I am doing a frame installation with these cups. I thought they would be a fun compliment to the more serious vases shown here. A lot of color going into this show! Not just the traditional blue and white that you are seeing here in process. I will post more photos of the work when I have it photographed in a couple weeks.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, these are fantastic! I love the theatrical feel of the vases... like the bird scenes are stage scenes almost... and the teacup mugs are fantastic. Wish I could magically transport myself from San Francisco to Philly for this show.

Unknown said...

These look great! I have a question about your mishima process. Is there a trick to keeping the clay out of the drawings? When I try to wipe my slip away, my white porcelain creeps into my drawings and makes them look dull.

molly said...

MeghCallie-
Thanks for the question! You can make sure to wipe with a very clean sponge (and clean water) and you can sand after bisque--sometimes that helps. Maybe you should try a higher concentration of stain in your slip?
Good luck!
Molly