Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Latest work: REVERIE

Many of you know that I have been working hard in my studio these last few months on a solo show opening at the Philadelphia Art Alliance on Febrary 7th. I have 5 new plate paintings that will be shown with their historic sources. I am so happy that I get to show the physical source alongside my artwork.

I just had a couple more images shot yesterday and thought you would be excited to see them! I am not revealing all of the exhibition here by any means. There will be one more plate painting that is in process as we speak as well as a fabric wallpaper installation in the smaller of the two first floor galleries that I am occupying. You will have to come to the show to experience that to its fullest!

PS. Click on the images to view larger.

an image of me setting up Dresden II taken by John Polak 

Dresden II

Chinese Export Lacquer Writing Box--from my personal collection. Source material for REVERIE:After Lacquer Box



REVERIE: After Lacquer Box (Fun side note--there is over $150 worth of real gold used on this piece!)

No comments: