Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New York Ceramics Fair


Last week I had a meeting in NYC that coincided with the New York Ceramics Fair. As you all know, I am in love with historic ceramics and decorative arts. This fair is FULL of fantastic old stuff and I definitely found some amazing things to source.

Trips like this one are often golden nuggets of inspiration for me. I find myself snapping away thinking of new things to go home and make in the studio. This is really where my research begins and the creative juices flow.


I thought I would share a few of my finds with you!

Fantastic snuff boxes...I am particularly taken by the "Pocket Watch"
These place card holders are inspiring me to make some "vase" place card holders of my own...Keep an eye out!

I would have bought ALL of these plates if I could have. They are amazing. I am working on a botanic calendar, might have to borrow the butterflies!


who doesnt love a ceramic dog? I need to see these become piggy banks, dont you think?



No comments: