Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Molly Hatch and Ferrin Gallery at Art Miami


While I am busy painting away in my studio this week, getting a new body of work done for my upcoming solo exhibition REVERIE at the Philadelphia Art Allaince, Art Miami opens tomorrow! 

I have 2 pieces available (the only two I have left!) of the work from the COVET exhibition series that started earlier this year. I worked directly with collections in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC as well at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston to source prints for the surfaces of these plate paintings.

They take 3 weeks just to paint the surface line work, then there is the firing process--not to mention the lengthy research and design phase that comes before I even get going on the plates.

I hope those of you in Miami this week for Basel and the other art fairs will stop by Booth C40 at Art Miami to see these in person and let me know what you think.

Sphinx (after Isaac de Moucheron) source image courtesy of MFA Boston

Detail Sphinx after Moucheron

Giselle Hicks and Kate Roberts installing SPHINX last night at Art Miami

No comments: